RAGE, short for Rockstar Advanced Game Engine, is a game engine created by video game developer Rockstar Games. Rockstar intends to use it to power their upcoming video games on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 consoles.
Prior to RAGE, Rockstar mostly used Criterion Games RenderWare engine to develop various game titles, including the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Microsoft Windows installments of the Grand Theft Auto franchise.
RAGE was retooled and extended to add ambient occlusion, improved lighting and particle systems in Grand Theft Auto V, and DirectX 11 support, along with the aforementioned enhancements in the Microsoft Windows version of Max Payne 3.
Games Powered by RAGE
- Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Episodes from Liberty City
- Midnight Club Los Angeles
- Red Dead Redemption
- Max Payne 3
- Grand Theft Auto V
- ↑ Google search for reviews
- ↑ RAGE Graphics Engine Confirmed June 15, 2006
- ↑ Rockstar Games announces Grand Theft Auto IV May 9, 2006